Tuesday, April 24, 2007


Beowulf Aloud: Now Shipping
[updated, with buying info]



(this paypal link is for domestic US shipping only)

Finally, my long labor of love is ready to send out into the world. Beowulf Aloud, my dramatic reading of the entire poem in Old English, has finally arrived from the studio and copies are sitting right in front of my as I type this.

Having now gone over all the expenses, I see I can sell the 3-CD collection, which includes every single line of the poem plus an introductory lecture, for 15 dollars US. Packaging and shipping to anywhere in the US is 3 USD, so the total would be $18.00. Overseas shipping will whatever it costs me, checked on an individual basis. You can use the button above for my PayPal account or use my PayPal address, mdrout@wheatonma.edu. I am also happy to take personal checks, and for overseas folks who want to buy a CD, we can use the very clever system devised by Walking Tree Press (involving exchanges of Amazon.com gift certificates) if need be.

If you are enjoying Anglo-Saxon Aloud, I think you will like Beowulf Aloud even more, as the sound quality is somewhat better because it was recorded, edited and mixed professionally. (this is also the the reason I am charging for the latter and not the former: I had to pay for studio time, editing, art design, etc., for Beowulf Aloud, whereas I've done everything for Anglo-Saxon Aloud on my own, with only the investment of hundreds of hours of my labor [and how much could that be worth, really?]).

And owning a copy of my chanting/singing Finnsburg has to be worth something, if only for the opportunity to use it as embarrassing material at just the right occasion years from now...

1 comment:

Dr. Andrew Higgins said...

Dr Drout

Excellent - really enjoying the Anglo-Saxon aloud on my Ipod - its got me back into Christ and Satan! When you get the paypal set up for Beowulf aloud you have a London customer here!

Thanks, Andy